New pathways in a historical garden in Warwick were officially opened by John Edwards, Chairman of The King Henry VIII Endowed Trust.
The Guy’s Cliffe Walled Garden was originally part of the kitchen garden for Guy’s Cliffe House from around the 1770’s to the 1940’s.
In recent years the garden had become overgrown and in January 2014 clearance work started on the site. Last year volunteers made improvements including installing an all-weather path. Previously, there has been a grass path but the new all-weather path will now mean the gardens can be accessible to everyone.
The improvements to the pathways were made possible thanks to a grant of £12,527 from The King Henry VIII Endowed Trust, Warwick.